Sunday 12 February 2012

Our First Family Holiday

We headed to New Zealand for our friend's wedding. It was fabulous, such a beautiful country and a beautiful bride. The gathering of friends was great and it is a darn shame that it's over so soon!
I am glad that some parts are over though.
The part where Lenny spewed all over Pete as we were having coffee was pretty bad, but we just went to the car changed his and Lenny's clothes had a good wipe down and disinfect and got on with it. Laughed it off. Lenny didn't spew again. Until we were about 40 minutes into our flight. I was holding him this time. Lucky me.
The word avalanche comes to mind. I had ignored my sister-in-laws advice to take extra sets of clothes... with everything else in the carryon luggage for babies i thought it was overkill to have spare clothes as well. I eat my words today. Lenny had a coat and I, luckily had a singlet underneath my shirt but had to remain in the soaked and stinking skirt.
Once again we laughed. There aren't too many people who can vomit all over me and still have my unconditional love.

So that was about the most eventful thing that happened and it wasn't so bad anyway.

We flew into Auckland grabbed a hire car  - a Toyota Highlander which we think is a Kluger in Australia - and spent a night in a hotel in Otahuhu.... everyone we mentioned Otahuhu to at the wedding was quite surprised that we'd survived the night in that neighbourhood, but the hotel was very good.
New Zealand is completely made up of hills. I decided after our drive through the country side that there is in fact no flat land anywhere. It is simply postcard views in every direction. Once out of Otahuhu that is.

Lake Tarawera is amazing. We had a brilliant house to stay in and the view was spectacular. I got into the 37 degrees jacuzzi as soon as I could and soaked up the view, the wine, the serenity.

The wedding was just gorgeous. I was a complete blubbergoose as I always am at weddings, crying as the bride arrived, as they made there vows, and as speeches were made. The MC and all speeches were hilarious because of the accent and turn of phrase and also because of the ribbing they all gave each other.

It was a true pleasure to be part of the day and night and day after, with all of the people we met being very cool and friendly.
Was so good to see some old friends too.

Well it was over too soon, but back to the real world today and Pete back at work tomorrow.
Lots of washing to do on the part of the spew sesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment