Sunday 26 February 2012

Picnic In Winwood Park

Last week Lenny and I had a lovely picnic in the park.... well, we made use of our own park-like paradise out the back and well.... it was just divine.
Initially we had a great little picnic packed: 4 babybel cheeses, carrot sticks, a peach, green rose T2 tea and some biscuits. I just adore our dogs but sometimes they push my buttons. Any other time I have taken snacks outside I have to say 'no' a few times but they dogs don't push it. I think that they were so excited by the site of the basket, thermos and picnic blanket that they whipped into a frenzy and when I turned my back to go inside for my pillow and book they tucked into our entire picnic! The wax was still on the babybel cheeses but they ate them anyway!
Anywho, so I got angry, put them out of sight and Lenny and I enjoyed our pared back feast of cheese and strawberries with tea instead. As I read my book Lenny explored the lawn and when that got too tiring he lay his head down in my lap to rest... one of those precious, quiet, cherished moments for his mum.
It was glorious until about midday when the shade crept away and the sun got a bit too hot.
It will definitely be a weekly occurence at Winwood Park!





No comments:

Post a Comment