Tuesday 31 January 2012

Lenny's New Clothes!




Baby Lennon will be coming to New Zealand with us soon and the purpose of the trip is to attend my dear friend Zoe's wedding to her fiance Tim.
Pete and I have our outfits sorted but it occurred to me that I had not yet organised something for Lenny to wear.
When I resurrected the old suitcases from under the house I found two of my Dad's old suits from the 70s in them. I thought, 'could this material be used to make a suit for Lenny?'. I did a quick blog search and saw that creating a waistcoat (a vest) was probably going to be an easy task... pants or a suit jacket would be a little too advanced for me at this stage.
So I measured the little boy up, cut some pieces accordingly and got sewing! I already had a pair of brown corduroy pants I bought from the op shop for $1 so I cut two oval patches for the pants and sewed them on.
Then I thought the brown satin lining would make a lovely bow tie!
I had a lot of fun and tried the parts on Lenny to make sure it all fitted together. Success!
I can't wait to take him along to the wedding... oh no! I have forgotten about matching shoes... leave it with me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment