Wednesday 18 January 2012

An unusual day!

Although today started off well - a bit of grocery shopping, a nice, long, walk to the duck pond and back - but then, in the afternoon the Post Office rang and said that Lenny's passport form needed revising.
SO I get Lenny in the car, drive to the Post Office, get Lenny out of the car, go into the Post Office get the new form, put Lenny back into the car, drive to Kirsten's place to get her to sign the form again, get Lenny out of the car, drive back to the Post Office, get Lenny out of the car, listen to the Post Office man tell me that the form is still wrong and will require a totally new guarantor to sign it, which will mean new photos (as this is the 3rd form I had filled out incorrectly). So I put Lenny back into the car, drove home, by which time he had fallen asleep, so I left him in there while I went inside to get his pram and check for sure I didn't have any of his passport pics left. I drove to Knox Shopping Centre, got Lenny out of the car, popped him in the pram, made a bee line to the photo shop, thankfully they were willing to do the photos in 20 minutes. Lenny is a happy chap after having an impromptu siesta and, as with the first set of passport photos, won't stop smiling long enough for the lady to get an appropriate image. But eventually he did what we've all done at some point and stared blankly at the camera long enough for her to snap his chompy cheeks. He will now join the rest of us with hideous mug-shot-esque passport pics. It's a bugger because the first lot were angelic. Divine. These ones are (forgive me dear son, fruit of my loins) pretty crap.
Anywho, after a coffee and some churros and chocolate, we jumped back into the car, headed home (Pete's home thankfully as I was buggered!). Then I jumped back into the car and headed back up to the Lightfoot home and got Trev to sign for Lenny. Tomorrow I will go to the Post Office. If the form is incorrect or there is any drama I will be leaving Lenny with some pre-cooked meals and a big bottle and heading to away without him. There are only about 2 weeks until we leave!
Fingers crossed hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment