Sunday 8 January 2012

The List...

I should probably have some of the things I wish to accomplish written down so I don't forget that I wish to accomplish them...
I wrote this list a little while ago but I can see that I've not actually accomplished any of them (shocking) so the list still stands...

The List

1.     Start a blog
2.     Write that book
3.     Start that business venture with Georgie
4.     Hold a market stall
5.     Open up that charity you’ve been thinking about
6.     Get that old bike up and running
7.     Take a class in something
8.     Learn enough songs on the guitar/mandolin/ukelele to BUSK
9.     Consolidate superannuation
10. Take more photos, print those photos, hang those photos on the wall
11. Reconnect with some old friends
12.  Read a book, read another. Repeat.
13. Make some Lamingtons. They’re my favourite but I’ve never made them
14. Participate in the Melbourne Fringe Festival Flash Mob
15. Make my invention happen (it’s been poo-pooed by many but I still believe)
16. Take a holiday (on top of the quick NZ trip we are going on in Feb)
So there is a general idea of things I would like to achieve. No particular order - although Georgie and I are meeting on Thursday to discuss our business idea - but some are obviously to be done regularly like reading books, attending to this blog and taking more photos.
I want to stress that this is not the list of an ambitious person. I don't think anyone that knows me would say I am ambitious. I am imaginative and I am optimistic, mostly, hence this list. Ambitious is a superlative I think should be reserved for people who made their childhood dreams come true after years and years of hard work. This little project of mine is my desperate attempt to avoid having a long bucket list. I don't want to be older than I am now still wishing I had done all those things I wish I had done years ago. I've wasted enough time. The time to get things done is now.


No comments:

Post a Comment