Sunday 15 January 2012

ticking the next project off!

After being on the waiting list for nearly a year I finally scored a place in Jane Sawyer's Slow Clay class.
Slow clay is a term used to describe this lady's particular way of making things from clay. I'm more than excited. I can't wait to see if I can 'throw' (make pottery on a wheel) and I'm imagining many lovely things I can make while I am there.
So, seeing as one of my things to do this year was to take a class in something, I believe this counts. I also believe it is quite serendipitous that I managed to score a place this year.
I begin on Feb 7 and I promise to share with you all my experience!

Lenny has taken heaps of steps today and has even been filmed walking, bending down to pick up his drink bottle, standing up and walking away. Amazing. I can now believe that he is 1 year old and ready for a big year of his own!

I voted in the Triple J Hottest 100 on Sunday and had many of my votes already planned out. In other years it was a last minute thing, sometimes the site would crash so I couldn't complete the voting process... but this year, success!
And I am so very in love with my votes I thought I would share them.
I thought about which one was my Number 1 vote and then I thought, wouldn't it be nice if my Number 1 vote was the number one song?! So I changed my number 1 vote to be The Black Keys Lonely Boy. Gotye has Gotye-It in the bag of course but I am still holding out hope for the bluesy rock tune. It certainly made Lenny groove and jive and that got my vote!
So I also voted for Gotye Somebody That I Used To Know. It got to me. And Kimbra's inclusion was electric - you could hear the grievance in her voice when she belts out her line.
So those two were my votes for the classics but below are my faves for the year!
Noah & The Whale captured my heart mainly because they rock a fiddle... and me loves me some fiddle.
Noah & The Whale - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.
Noah & The Whale - Waiting For My Chance To Come
Laura Marling Sophia
(Seriously, love everything Laura Marling puts her voice to. It's like she is from another world. A world where folk singers were cool. A world where one didn't have to rock a leotard to get noticed (ps i do still love you jessie j)
Lupe Fiasco - Till I Get There
I don't like all hip hop ghetto rappers but I like the occasional broody tune.
In the same vein I voted for 360 ft Josh Pyke - Throw It Away because I really like Josh Pyke...
Busby Marou - Biding My Time
I could have voted for their entire album but I chose this one because it is a sweet loving song.
I missed out seeing Laney Lane in Brunswick in November - bummer - because she is apparently very very good. I love this song, but she also sings the theme song for Crownies on the ABC... which no one watches but anywho. Who doesn't love a bit of nostalgic style!
Laney Lane - Oh Well, That's What You Get For Falling In Love With A Cowboy
And finally, just because I saw it one day on RAGE and it stuck in my head for yonks. It's a bit dancy and a bit chilled.
Friendly Fires - Hawaiian Air (I heart Hawaii)
There you have it!!
Sheesh it's warm today!

No comments:

Post a Comment