Tuesday 10 January 2012

A Nutritious Baby Shower Gift!

And finally for today - it has been a big day - I thought I would share with you the baby shower gift I put together for my darling friend Megan. (sorry Legs, it won't be a surprise anymore)
I have given  clothing, cool toys and books, baby wraps and Sophie the Giraffe to expectant mothers before, but I was looking to do something different for Meg's baby shower.
I thought about all of the things I had used and loved. Although we made most of Lenny's food from day one, I have certainly enjoyed the ease of store-bought baby food from time to time, especially when I have gone out for a full day or away for the weekend. I only ever used Organic Bubs - except when I got caught out in the CBD once and had to buy a 'selection' of things from 7 Eleven to feed poor Lennon.
Organic Bubs is Australian owned, made and is the only certified organic AND fully carbon neutral baby food product on the shelves at Coles and Woolies. It's so good. Good for your conscience and good for your baby's belly. And no, it's not expensive, about $1.99 per pouch, less if you buy in bulk from their website: www.organicbubs.com.
I bought a half dozen pouches and put them together with a printed out info sheet of what and when to feed bubs straight from their brilliant website.
I even stuck a magnet on the back so Megan can have the handy info right there on the fridge. Even though the little baby isn't due until March, I was amazed at how quick that 'starting solids' comes around. And it's handy to know ahead of time what to introduce.
Not bad for a slap-up gift hey!



Other projects set into motion today:
set a date to get my bike fixed and up and running
created a folder for the project I'm doing with Georgie
handed out a questionnaire to my very first participant for my novel

And that's all folks...goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment