Tuesday 17 January 2012

practice? practise? practise.

Well only time will tell whether my lifelong dream of busking (just at least once) comes to fruition or not. Firstly, I'm not very good at either playing an instrument, or singing. But I am enthusiastic. That's the main thing right? Hmmm. I have enlisted the help of my iPhone to record myself as I practise. I can tell you, it's not looking good.
I actually laughed out loud at myself the other day.
I got to thinking about what is expected of a busker. Good tunes, ability, a point of difference, nice singing voice. Mostly, they don't expect that blonde kid off X Factor do they?
So I'll probably be OK. If I lower my standards, real low, I should be OK. OK.
Secondly, there is the 'fear' factor. Stage fright, cold feet, call it what you like, stress is known to tighten ones vocal chords preventing them from holding a tune. Ugh. Like my vocal chords needed to contend with anything else!
Thirdly, I don't know if anyone else has tried to learn an instrument late in life (considering there is an 6 year old on you tube who can play Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train note perfect on the electric guitar I'd say 27 is pretty late) but it's really hard! I don't have the long, dextrous fingers my husband has so bar chords are an impossibility. And my delicate girly fingers are sore after five minutes of practise.
.....excuse me while I go get my child out of bed where he has not made any effort to sleep at all this morning....it's like he knows I am busy....
Well that was a waste of time, Lennon will be tired in less than half an hour. Why don't they sleep sometimes? I would kill for a nap today. He gets one handed to him on a platter and just ignores it. Weirdo.
Anyway, so guitar is hard, singing is hard, and singing and playing guitar at the same time is super hard. And to do it front of others. Hard.
It will take some time before this project becomes a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment